Welcome to Central PA InfraGard
Our NEXT meeting is: Friday, December 12th, 2014 - 9:00 AM in Hershey, PA
This is the Annual ASIS/InfraGard/SCTF Security Symposium
We have a full agenda with multiple interesting speakers. Please see the Events page for full information and bios.
0900     Introduction and Welcome
0915     Dr. Paul Robert Hayes "EMP, UEMI, IEMI, Oh My!"
1015     Lt. Col (R) Anthony (Tony) Shaffer "ISIS and other National Security Issues"
1115     PSP CApt. Doug Burig "Regional Crimes and Threats"
1300     Mike Bloom "Crimewatch"
1345     Tom Miele "Cyber Security Threats"
1415     Col. (R) Skip Brownyard "Threat Brief / Current Issues"
See the EVENTS page for additional information!
The mission of the Central PA InfraGard Members Alliance is to improve the security and integrity of the critical infrastructures of the region by providing a forum for the confidential sharing of information, vulnerability assessment and reduction, and the education and training of its membership.
- Provide members a forum for education and training on infrastructure vulnerabilities and protection measures.
- Provide members prompt, value-added threat advisories, alerts and warnings.
- Ensure the protection of computer intrusion/threat data shared among InfraGard members, FBI field offices and the National Infrastructure Protection Center (NIPC) through compliance with proprietary, legal and security requirements.
- Increase the quantity and quality of infrastructure intrusion/threat reports provided to local FBI offices (for investigation and follow-up) and the NIPC (for national analysis).
- Increase interaction and information sharing among InfraGard members, their associated FBI field offices and the NIPC on infrastructure threats, vulnerabilities and interdependencies.
- Improve security of the critical infrastructure located within or supporting Central PA and adjacent areas through education, information exchange and the common commitment to infrastructure and individual safety and security.
What is InfraGard?
Just what is InfraGard? Private citizens dedicated to improving the security and integrity of our nation’s critical infrastructure with guidance and assistance from the FBI.
As part of its mission, the Cyber Division of the FBI conducts outreach and information sharing with the public and private-sector owners and operators of critical infrastructures. The InfraGard program is now an essential part of the nationwide outreach effort of the FBI's Cyber Divsion. The program establishes a mechanism for two-way information sharing about intrusion incidents and system vulnerabilities and provides a channel for the FBI to disseminate analytical threat products to the private sector.
In February 1998, the National Infrastructure Protection Center's mission was to serve as the U.S. government's focal point for threat assessment, warning, investigation, and response for threats or attacks against our critical infrastructures. These infrastructures, which include telecommunications, energy, banking and finance, water systems, government operations, and emergency services, are the foundation upon which our industrialized society is based. In 2003, when the FBI was reorganized, much of the NIPC was moved to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Cyber related investigative and intelligence responsibilities have remained with the FBI under the Cyber Division.
You are visiting the website of the Central Pennsylvania Chapter of InfraGard, headquartered in Harrisburg, PA. The chapter is active and growing, with quarterly meetings and special events throughout the year. We invite you to learn more about Infragard and about our chapter.
The InfraGard Central PA Member Alliance is a non-profit organization and charges no dues or membership fees. Sponsorships for our activities are available.